These mindfulness videos may be of use for your child. They were developed by two Primary School and Mindfulness teachers.
Dealing with Worry:
Dealing with Anger:
Here are some steps to move to an affordable unlimited mobile data plan for accessing schoolwork. This offer is available until 30 June 2020.
|Video ‘Shout Out’
||RTE Home School Hub EXTRA would love to receive videos from children from all parts of the country showing how they got active during #ActiveHomeWeek.
Their aim is to show as wide a variety of activities as possible:
- Taking on TEACHER Challenges – Beans Can Stacking/Toilet Roll Challenges/Bin Challenges
- NEW skills – Juggling/Skipping/Gymnastics etc.
- DANCE- Tik Tok dances, The Foot Shake Challenge, Ballet etc.
- FAMILY Fitness – Activities where other members of the family join in as well
- INDOOR Fitness Activities – Active Board Games, Active Spellings/Maths etc.
- 20-30 seconds video (no longer)
- When videoing it’s really important to hold the camera SIDEWAYS
- Begin with child/children introducing themselves (first name/school/county) before their activity begins
|How to Submit Your Video
- Go to www.rte.ie/learn
- Click on the RED button called ‘Share Your Content with Home School Muinteoirs’. (just above the 1st/2nd class section).
- Complete the short online form and send your video – it’s a very easy process.
- The videos will be aired as part of the RTE Home School Hub EXTRA programme on TUESDAY, May 5th
- RTE Home School Hub promise that they will look through every video that they receive but advise, if large numbers of videos are received, they will only be able to play a selection of them.
Fingers crossed we’ll see your school represented on next Tuesday’s show.
Next Week, starting Monday April 27th is Active Schools Week. If we were in school we would be planning lots of fun and energetic activities to take part in Active Schools Week.
We are also applying for an Active Flag for our school. We can still apply this year if we can prove that we encouraged our pupils to stay active while staying at home during the Covid 19 crisis.
If you want to help us, you can print the activity log below and fill in how you managed to complete 60 minutes of exercise per day during Active Home Week.
If you don’t have a printer you can hand draw the activity log and fill it in.
Email your activity logs to Ms. Allen @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached are some sheets with ideas on some of the creative ways you can do 60 minutes of exercise daily. The 60 minutes does not have to be done all in one go. A number of activities can be done throughout the day.
Please remember the rules about social distancing when you are exercising.
Come on Greenmount, let’s get active!
Info for Parents
Active Home Ideas
This is a link to a self care kit with some lovely ideas for kids during this difficult and challenging time.
Well done Owen! You won 1st prize in the 3rd/4th Category. You can read Owen’s entry here: Short Story by Owen in 4th Class
Below are some lovely and useful resources for children and adults that might be finding these difficult times challenging.
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR CHILDREN AT HOME
Resilience through the pandemic
www.vooks.com has free story books to read with your child. It has a resource page that parents can use to ask children about the story.
The Stay Home Superheroes
Pandemics and the Coronavirus a story by Carol Gray
This is a podcast on helping children with autism during the Covid 19 crisis. Podcast