2nd Class did a mouldy bread experiment to test where germs are and how effective washing our hands with soap and water is versus using hand sanitiser.
The results are in………..
The bread that was wiped on surfaces turned out the worst…Ewww
The bread touched by washed hands appeared better than the one touched with sanitised hands..
After deep discussions we decided that while it is good to sanitise your hands, nothing beats a proper hand-wash using soap and water!!
Second Class made beautiful Autumn Trees
Parents of 2nd Class Ms. Higgins and Ms. Kilgallon
Communion Class 2019-20
Letter from Bishop Fintan to First Holy Communion children and their families
As the weather warms up and restrictions are lifted, many of us will be heading to the beach or rivers. Therefore it is very important that your child knows the basics of water safety. You can watch the presentation with your child first and then try the online games in the link below. Have fun!
Water Safety Presentation First and Second Class
Go to this website for interactive games and quizzes
These mindfulness videos may be of use for your child. They were developed by two Primary School and Mindfulness teachers.
Dealing with Worry:
Dealing with Anger:
Here are some steps to move to an affordable unlimited mobile data plan for accessing schoolwork. This offer is available until 30 June 2020.
|Video ‘Shout Out’
||RTE Home School Hub EXTRA would love to receive videos from children from all parts of the country showing how they got active during #ActiveHomeWeek.
Their aim is to show as wide a variety of activities as possible:
- Taking on TEACHER Challenges – Beans Can Stacking/Toilet Roll Challenges/Bin Challenges
- NEW skills – Juggling/Skipping/Gymnastics etc.
- DANCE- Tik Tok dances, The Foot Shake Challenge, Ballet etc.
- FAMILY Fitness – Activities where other members of the family join in as well
- INDOOR Fitness Activities – Active Board Games, Active Spellings/Maths etc.
- 20-30 seconds video (no longer)
- When videoing it’s really important to hold the camera SIDEWAYS
- Begin with child/children introducing themselves (first name/school/county) before their activity begins
|How to Submit Your Video
- Go to www.rte.ie/learn
- Click on the RED button called ‘Share Your Content with Home School Muinteoirs’. (just above the 1st/2nd class section).
- Complete the short online form and send your video – it’s a very easy process.
- The videos will be aired as part of the RTE Home School Hub EXTRA programme on TUESDAY, May 5th
- RTE Home School Hub promise that they will look through every video that they receive but advise, if large numbers of videos are received, they will only be able to play a selection of them.
Fingers crossed we’ll see your school represented on next Tuesday’s show.
Letter from Bishop Fintan re First Holy Communion